Full Time Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
Hungary, Budapest Mission

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Week 75 - 16th Week in Szeged

To one and all,

This week has been a crazy one! Both me and my companion got sick but you know what? Somehow the two of us ended up getting some of the best work done thus far in my mission! We had 16 total programs, 5 of them were all new investigators we met while finding. There have been blessings coming in for sure. We barely made the minimum working hours but the hours we got counted!

Other than lots of good programs, with lots of good people, not a whole lot interesting has happened here. But back at home is another story. My Dad just got called as the stake president!

Here is a quotation from my mom's email:

"Dad just got called to be the new stake president...yes, you read that right. It's barely been 24 hours and I'm not sure we are going to get used to this! I sent a pic of the area seventy with our family when they came up to the hospital. It was Elder Sitati and Elder Hansen. They interviewed me on facetime while I was at the hospital with Naomi. Then called your dad to be stake president while I sat in the bathroom on facetime. I didn't meet them til after stake conference. They had dad and I talk Saturday about who to call as his counselors. They gave us about 20 minutes to decide...It was actually pretty easy to figure out who the Lord wanted him to call. He called Bro. Riffey and Bishop Masitas. (Did I tell you he was released last week and Bro. Oram is the new bishop?) Anyway, crazy stuff! Dad had a real hard time sleeping last night. He will, of course, do a great job! I have complete confidence in dad, he is a really great husband, father, priesthood holder and man! I married well!"

I love my Dad and I am sure he will do a great job! I know that he can handle it for sure. He is probably one of the most qualified people I know for the positions. I love you all back home and I will pray extra for dad! Have a great week, I am short on time but I'll upload some pictures too!

Love you all!

Elder Oakes, Hungary Budapest Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment