Full Time Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
Hungary, Budapest Mission

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Week 71 - 12th Week in Szeged

So this is my weekly email but I am addressing my email to my mom, I love you all but I love my mom more!

Hey mom, (and anyone else reading)

I am glad to hear that things are going well back at home! I did get the box and it was great! Looks like everything was in it! I got the watch, I loved the gold fish, and I have already eaten all the Reese's (don't worry, mom, I shared). It has been a much better week. My companion and I are doing pretty good and the work is going well.

One of our investigators we put on baptism date a few weeks ago is getting pretty serious. Her name is Klara and she came to a baptism for one of the sisters investigators this last Saturday! It was a great program and I am sure she will be getting baptized. However, transfers are next week. While I don't think I am going anywhere there is always a chance, but we will see.

We also had Zone Conference this last week. It was super great and I learned a lot. We also gave a short training about teaching by the spirit, people told us we did a good job so I'm willing to take their word for it.

I can't wait for the coming transfer though, transfers are like playing the lottery I feel like sometimes. (I don't know if that's the best comparison) But its true you can win big or you end up broke! (then comes the attitude pep-talk...don't worry I've gotten it before and even given it myself a few times...) but this is just the way it feels so we will see!

The member friend of ours who fed us last week, helped us out again this week! Her name is Antonia and she is super cool. She gave us free hair cuts it was so nice of her! Especially since she hasn't ever cut guys hair before! She was brave and gave it her best try! Honestly it doesn't look bad either. I'll probably keep it for the next week or so! (doesn't have anything to do with the fact that I am broke until next week...) But seriously she is cool and has been helping us out a lot.

I love you Mom! (and all you others too) and miss you so much
Love,
Elder Oakes,
daniel.oakes@myldsmail.net
Hungary Budapest Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment