Full Time Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
Hungary, Budapest Mission

Thursday, October 22, 2015

Week 74 - 15th Week in Szeged

Hey there!

I am doing great! This has been an awesome week! My companion and I are doing fantastic! We worked hard all week and almost would have gotten standard if we hadn't forgotten to SYL more this week. It really helped to motivate us that we had a baptism!!! But I totally forgot to take pictures!!! I am so mad at myself for that! But I will be getting some pictures with our investigator who got baptized.

Our investigator, Bakai Klara, was baptized and confirmed this weekend. It made me so happy to see the fruits of our labors. When she came to us a few months before asking to be baptized it made me so happy. This is now my 6th investigator to get baptized. I still have never done the ordinance itself but that isn't the point; the point is that these people have come closer unto Christ! Its has been an amazing week!

Tell Jess I said she is awesome and that I am sorry I haven't emailed her in a while! She has been so awesome to support you all back at home and she has definitely been watching out for me too! YOU'RE AWESOME JESS!!!

Tell Naomi that I love her and I miss her so much! She is such a strong girl and I know she can push through this last treatment. I pray for her all the time and for the family too. I can't wait to come home and see you all, and Lucy too!!! She looks so adorable! But she just doesn't seem real to me yet through a computer screen. I can't wait to get home and hold her!

This has been an awesome week for sure! I keep thinking more and more of home! I miss you all so much. I have been thinking about moving up my release date. As of right now it's in April, a month after my original date. I don't want to go home early but I am not sure about staying an extra month anymore either. I just want to be home with you all after all of the stuff that's been happening! I will be praying about it.

I love you all back at home! I've got to go,

Elder Oakes, Hungary Budapest Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment