Full Time Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
Hungary, Budapest Mission

Monday, June 30, 2014

Week 6 in Debrecen-New Companion!

Hey mom,

Love you so much! Last week we didn't have a ton of time to email as we were in a rush to get to an appointment, sorry. I'm glad you got a hold of the other emails that I sent so you could put more stuff on the blog.
Lunch with Bro and Sis Steel and Elder Miller

Bro Steel's eyeball :)
I really like Elder Whiting! He is a super great guy. Totally down to earth and super nice too. Elder Whiting is a big help he not only does studies with me but he pushes me to work harder than I would on my own so that's awesome! The apartment is now in an acceptable living quality. I got rid of a lot of stuff. But now it's clean!! My new companion has helped me to clean it.

Eszter is doing good, she is super nice. The other day in church she told me she was going to give me money so I could buy food, I thanked her kindly but tried to explain to her that I didn't need it. It was an interesting conversation because I barely speak Hungarian, the member helping me translate barely speaks English, and Eszter is so new to the church that even a clear explanation can be confusing when explaining religious things. But she is super nice. Right now though her son has a lot of problems. He is sick and was in the hospital. The other day the government took him into custody from the hospital. We aren't really sure what's going on there. I just hope that it all works out for her.
Eszter's baptism

I got the package you sent and the one Sister Staggie sent. The box she sent was huge and full of goodies! It made my day when i got hers and yours! Thanks a ton! I got the letter from my primary class, they were awesome! The watch you sent I really like and I have been wearing it a lot. I got the photo album too, thank you!

I'll be sure to send some pictures today.

I got the pants I had made. I really love them!
Material for the pants

The zone conference was super good. I'll maybe talk more about that another time. Happy anniversary! Hope you had a great time! Happy Bday, Dad. I will try to send the videos this week!

Love you,

Elder Oakes, Hungary Budapest Mission

At a rest home and dinner with the Barta family






Sights of Debrecen


New friends from Debrecen


Michael is so funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment