Full Time Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
Hungary, Budapest Mission

Monday, June 23, 2014

Week 5 in Debrecen - BAPTISM!

Hey All!

WE HAD A BAPTISM! It was awesome! She is such a sweet lady. I have only been here 1 month and got to be a part of Lantos Eszter's baptism last Sunday. It was super cool! We tracted into her last week and she basically said she knew we were coming, knew it was all true and insisted on being baptized like the next week. That was awesome!

There are a lot of people here that really like the American lifestyle. The stores are kinda similar but there are some differences. The food here is okay, but I think I like American better. (maybe it will be different at the end of the mission!)

Things are going pretty good here. My companion leaves in 2 days so I will get a new one. It will be Elder Whiting. He is a great guy so I am excited.

I am really short on time this week so I am not writing a lot but I'll be on for a little bit if you want to email back.

Love you!

Elder Oakes,
Hungary Budapest Mission

(From Becca)We had a guy from Preventive Pest Control come spray and he went on his mission to HUNGARY! He taught us how to say Debrecen correctly. He said it was like Debretzen cuz the "c" is pronounced like a "t". I don't remember his name though.

Try to remember his name so maybe I could email him some time. How was trek? How is summer? I am tight on time this week so I'll email you more next week!

Love ya, see ya, bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment