Full Time Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
Hungary, Budapest Mission

Monday, June 16, 2014

Week 4 in Debrecen

I will do my best to put you in my shoes (THEY MAY BE KINDA STINKY :) We have a lot of great members. We work the closest with the youth group here in Debrecen. I am actually sitting next to Michael right now. He is a Taiwanese convert that goes to college here. Then there is Dori, she and her brother, Vili, were the ones we had dinner with. She is awesome! She is the young women's president and has been a member for 2 years. She is planning on going on a mission. Vili is probably one of the coolest guys I know. He is really humble and is kinda quiet but he is really smart. He just was ordained as the branch mission president too. Then there is Sylvi she is super sweet, she's only been a member a little while but is really involved.

We have an older lady we tracted into who wants to get baptized. We taught her like 4 days in a row and she came to church. The second lesson she said she wanted to get baptized so we had to teach her the commandments. We did the big three and went over the baptism questions in a single lesson and she agreed to all of them no problem. She is awesome!

Spiritual experiences are here for sure, hard to say anything specific. My companion is going home in 10 days though so I will have a new companion. I'm hoping for someone who will really try to help me out with my studies. I think I will stay here in Debrecen at transfers, but I don't know. There is a companionship here of 3 so I will probably be paired with one of them.

The grocery store is called Interspar. It's like a mini Wal-Mart crammed into much smaller space.

I am actually in Nyíregyháza right now while the suit lady is finishing up the suits and pants we ordered. We had to come for a final fitting and we will probably be here a while as she has 3 suits and my pants to finish. I am out of time to email.

I love you!
Elder Oakes,
Hungary Budapest Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment