Full Time Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
Hungary, Budapest Mission

Monday, January 12, 2015

Week 34 - 7th Week in Tatabanya...Happy Birthday Elder Oakes!

Okay okay okay,

The time has come! This week I will be turning Buda da da da da da da! 20! WOOHOOOOooo.... Do you know what I will be doing for my birthday? WORKING!!!! YEAH!!!!!!! That's about all the birthday hype I am feeling. It just seems to matter less once you get older. But it was super great to see all the birthday wishes from everyone back home! That's honestly probably the best gift I could have asked for was all of those pictures from home! I love you all and miss you all so much.

This last week has been pretty good. Elder Cannon and I are now the only missionaries here in our town. So when we aren't working there isn't a whole lot else to do in a small town by ourselves. So, we just decided to work more! We did our 20 hours of finding on top of our other 14 working hours. Pretty dang good week!

We are planning on inviting two of our investigators this next week to be baptised. We feel fairly confident they will accept. I am pretty stoked for that! One of them is Anna a nice lady with a smoking problem. She was taught in the past and and started coming to church again on her own and that really made us excited. She is a smoker and we are going to be helping her with that, so it's not going to just happen soon but I am thinking she is well on her way.

The other one is an investigator who is practically a member already and just is waiting to turn 18 to be baptised. When we sent out a reminder text to our investigators (including her) about church she responded "I am going to be there like EVERY Sunday" so that was pretty funny as well.

As for the rest of the week, it has not been very eventful. We had one dinner appointment with an investigator. Her name is Évi.

It's always super good to hear from back home. The pool is coming along really nice! I am kinda sad that I can't be there to watch that all get put together. But the pictures are the next best thing.

SO, grandpa is getting better? That's pretty good! Tell him I said to keep on it so he can be on his feet in the airport when I get home. Tell him I said that was a challenge and I will be praying for it!

I haven't heard anything about the box being stuck in customs. So, if nothing has been said to me about it I will look into it.

Shout out to all the people that I just haven't had a chance to email in a little while. You're not forgotten, I promise! There often is just not enough time to send good emails to everyone and my mom gets a little upset when I don't send her a good one :P (Drew, Karah, Michael, Brandon, Lizzy, Becca, Naomi, Amanda, Josh etc...)

I didn't take any pictures this week, sorry! We were super busy and I just forgot to take pics. I will do better this week. We got to get going, I love you mom!

Elder Oakes, Hungary Budapest Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment