Full Time Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
Hungary, Budapest Mission

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Week 28 - 1st Week in Tatabanya

Hey All,

So this last week has been a crazy week! We got calls for transfers and I got transferred out of Szolnok, as most of you know. I didn't end up packing until late that night because we spent most of the day running around saying goodbye. Wednesday morning came pretty early too! We were out by 7:00 am with all of our bags and onto a bus. Most of the people on the bus weren't too happy, and honestly we weren't either. But we got to the train station in time to buy the tickets for the train we had planned, and for one of our investigators to show up, by surprise, though a little drunk, to say goodbye.

The train ride was pretty quick and we got to Kelleti station for transfers pretty early. I said goodbye to Elder Weaver and hello to Elder Gonzalez. The last week has been great here in Tatabanya. We actually have good work going on and a ton of great people that we are meeting with! We had four investigators in church! I was a bit worried about fitting in with the new group here but things are going great and we are all already pretty great friends. Jordan Flake is my Zone leader for this area!

The weather is getting super cold here. It's "misting" (raining), there is just so much moisture! No pictures this week because I forgot my cord. Next week though I should have a bunch. But last week the pics I sent were of Szolnok and the branch president's wedding.
Tell Grandpa I hope everything turns out okay and that I love him and I'll be praying for him.

I need your skype account so I can start getting that set up. Glad you guys enjoyed Thanksgiving. We treated ourselves to a really fancy dinner here with pumpkin pie! The pumpkin pie was salty... The area here is pretty sweet though. This apartment is the cleanest one I have ever been in yet so no need to clean!

Unfortunately I have not yet gotten my Halloween box, and probably won't till I go in for Christmas :P And also I haven't seen the pool with cement in it yet. I must have missed that pic so send it again.

I love you all!

Elder Oakes, Hungary Budapest Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment