Full Time Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
Hungary, Budapest Mission

Monday, December 15, 2014

Week 30 - 3rd Week in Tatabanya

Hey Everyone!

So Lala sent you some of the pictures from when he invited us over for dinner? That night was super fun the first two pics were me eating some spaghetti noodles until Lala started to do a demon exorcism on me in Hungarian which was so funny I ended up in a laughing fit on the floor choking on spaghetti and crying because I was laughing so hard. But it was a good night.
Eating Spaghetti at Lala's home
Laughing too hard!
Tears from the laugh!
The week has been good but we had like 7 programs cancel and it's hard to make up that lost time. The mission president sent me an email asking why we were behind on hours for the week. That was difficult to explain without sounding like I was making excuses. But other than that the week went really well. We met with a lot of great people. We have one of the biggest investigator pools here I have ever had on my mission, it's pretty awesome! The picture of us wearing the hats was at a single elderly member's house who invited us out for lunch. She is super nice!
Service project we did at a disabled home
Jyuszika and Elder Luke
Elder Oakes and the Branch President
Investigator while tabling
At a member's home for lunch
New puppy
One of our investigators Zsolt is a super cool guy from English class. We meet with him like 3 times a week. We teach him English but also the gospel. Last week we went out to his work and brought him lunch. In turn he invited us to his home this week to visit with his family and have lunch! I am super excited about that and can't wait to hang out with him.

Through out the week though we have had a lot of great experiences. I am really loving it here with these guys (the other Elders). In the branch I have gotten to know a couple members quite well, Lala and Niké. It is super cold here but no snow yet...
Tree in Tatabanya city square
At the ceremony
Lala and Elder Oakes
Nike
But forget all that, it's almost Christmas! It's sounding like this is going to be a big one too! I have my Halloween package and my Christmas package and now possibly a birthday package all waiting for me at the mission home. I don't know how we are going to make it back here with all that! It's gonna be a problem, but a good one I think!

Things sound like they are going good back home! The pool looks freaking awesome! Wish I could be there for that! Thanks for the pictures though! I mentioned I bought a small hand drill last time, and I have been putting it to good use too, but I don't think it would help in building the pool.

Eveyone is coming down huh? Tell them all I say HELLO! Vagy Sziastok mi mondunk Magyarol. I am really happy to hear that Grandpa will be getting out of the hospital soon, that should be good. How is he doing right now?

Guess what? I got pictures to work! I have been uploading them for the last several hours! There are about 187 videos included so when it finishes I am going to throw you the link. I love you all at home; can't wait to skype you all!
Apparently while waiting for an investigator who was late for his appointment with them, Elder Oakes fall sleep sitting on the stairs. The other elders were also there and took the picture.
Elder Chambers, Elder Oakes, Elder Luke, Elder Gonzalez
Elders Luke and Chambers
Elder Oakes and Elder Chambers
Elder Gonzalez
Saving the shoes!
Gonzi
Bowling with the elders, Elder Luke won...
Elder Chambers and Jyuszika
Castle the Elders toured
Elder Oakes and Chambers
Elder Chambers
Elder Oakes...looks yummy!
Members home for dinner
Elder Oakes and Luke
Napping
Festivities at the square
Lala
Gonzi
Love

Elder Oakes, Hungary Budapest Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment