Full Time Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
Hungary, Budapest Mission

Monday, December 8, 2014

Week 29 - 2nd Week in Tatabanya

Okay,

So, last week I wrote an email that was getting pretty good, but the computers here are very slow and don't like me doing more than one thing at a time. I was wrapping up the email as I started to try to log onto my "one drive" account to upload pics (which I couldn't do anyway because I forgot the cord), and as I was doing that the entire thing crashed. When I went back to see if my email had been saved I couldn't find it. I didn't want to retype the whole thing so I shot off a quick email to say sorry but no real email that week.

I got on this week to find out that the original email actually went through! HO-RAH!!! It's a nice bonus! Mint mindig nincs képek lesz, which is to say like last time there will be no pictures. The computers here just will not accept them from me. Bocsi (sorry!). De nincs semmi gond, nekem van egy tervem a szamunkra! HO-RAH! Which is to say that I have a plan! Though fruition of that plan may not come soon. Maybe closer to Christmas.

We had an okay week this week. Lots of craziness going on here. The weather really stinks right now. No snow yet, it is very dark, rainy, and windy. The worst part is that it is all cold. And we had 7 programs cancel on us so, we were hurting this last week. And, I got a call from the mission home that my Christmas package is tied up in customs. They commented that since it was so big, it may be more of a problem getting out than normal. I just hope that things will all work out. We also had good stuff in the last week. I was super excited to find out we have bikes! We got them out and fixed them up and now we are motoring around on those! In fact, that's how we got to our emailing place today!

I am sorry to hear that back at home things with Grandpa aren't doing so well! I have been keeping him in my prayers and will continue to as well. Wish I could be home for Christmas, but I will be sending something home for everyone today so, watch out for that in the mail. (Just a warning, you may need to put them in the fridge until Christmas morning.)

The branch here is the smallest one that I have ever been in yet. But they are good people. Elder Gonzalez has been in Tatabanya for 10-11 weeks and he loves it. They have had a lot of success in the past with the English classes. We haven't had any dinner appointments yet. One member, Lala by name (like the Teletubbies) hangs out with us all that time and makes us fruit tea. An area 70 came one time and met him and when he said "my name is Lala" the 70 said "oh like the Teletubbie!" And the name has stuck to him ever since! We don't have a ward mission leader, we just meet with the Branch President when we have free time. The other set of missionaries are Elder Luke and Elder Chambers. I taught them to play Magic and Bang. We work on our language when we play Bang.

We table a bit here, weather permitting. One program we had this week was with Zsolt. We initially just started English with him. This week he told us he was going to do a Gettysburg address presentation for us but when we were getting started he stopped us to apologize for the fact he forgot to prepare for the English topic he wanted to review with us. Instead, he asked us to tell about the history of our church. We looked at each other... and then proceeded to teach a full lesson on the restoration that went really well. It was a blessing. "Tovab menjuk tovab...." (onward ever onward....)

Love you all back home. We have a program in like 10 min so I have to go. I'll email next week. Don't forget to get me the skype info! Keep me updated on the pool it looks super cool!

I love you so much mom!

Elder Oakes, Hungary Budapest Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment