Full Time Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
Hungary, Budapest Mission

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Week 25 - 7th Week in Szolnok

Hey Mom

So...long week this week! We had interviews that went well. We are making a lot of progress with the investigators we have here, and this next week we are going to talk about baptism with one of them. The sisters had a baptism here though. It was yesterday actually. The girl is super awesome. We did the baptism at a hotel pool, which had naked women painted around it. Makes it kinda interesting when we are trying to cover them and take it all seriously. But that's just Europe. Any way it was good.
We also are working with some of the members here. I sent a picture of myself with Farcas Imre. He is a member here that we meet with.
I really like the missionaries here. The other companionships are the same as when I first got here with the exception of Elder Meek who came in at the emergency transfer. Elder Weaver is doing good, he really is a great guy. I feel like now, I don't really need a senior companion to communicate in Hungarian anymore. I still stink at saying things right, but I can say them.

Our meals this week have been skimpy at best because we are short on money (not starving just not full meals). The apartment isn't quite done yet. I need to finish cleaning the floors. But I always spend part of my pdays cleaning!

I still talk with a few people from Debrecen, namely Michael. We haven't had service projects here like we did in Debrecen, unfortunately. We haven't really met with anyone who has been mean when we are tracting or tabling, mostly they just aren't interested. I did a chalk drawing of the plan of salvation while we were tabling. It turned out really cool!
Speaking of cool, it is getting pretty chilly here! I wear my hat a lot to keep my ears warm. We found an awesome spray painted sign that said "We Love Szolnok". Elder Weaver and I took some pictures in front of it. We also got a couple pictures of a huge spider that took a liking to Elder Weaver...
I am glad that you got to see all the family even though, like you said, it was a sad situation. Dallin needs to get a hair cut! And no, Drew doesn't really communicate with me. I have sent him a few emails but he never responds. I would assume he is really busy right now.
We have a couple of guys here in our email place that are being very rude to us and the sisters so I am going to shorten this up so we can get out of here. Tell Ty I got an email from him a really long time ago, but if he has sent one recently I haven't gotten it.

Well, I love you all :)

Elder Oakes, Hungary Budapest Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment