Full Time Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
Hungary, Budapest Mission

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Week 9 in Debrecen-Staying In Debrecen for this transfer!

Hey Mom!

It's transfer day tomorrow, but my companion and I will be staying here for the time being. Sister Rupard is going home and today is her last day here. Her companion, Sister Jensen, is going to have 2 new companions. She will get a new one coming in from the MTC and will be getting Sister Schnoor, one of the sisters I was in the MTC with. It will be super awesome!

I am pretty glad I am staying, there is a lot of great things about to happen here in Debrecen and I am glad I get to stay for a while longer. The apartment is nice and clean. Sister Steel just did apartment checks, I was super excited for that because it's the first time she has seen it since I've cleaned it. She said we got an A++++ which is what I was aiming for so it was pretty great! The paint job was a typical Hungarian paint job meaning that I'll be scrubbing paint off of stuff for a while. But the fresh coat does look nice.

Right now though, things are kinda slowing down in terms of the number of people we are teaching. We tracted for 15 hours last week and only talked to 1 person who wasn't interested. Kinda depressing. But I feel like the people we are teaching are progressing well. Jozi (Yo-zi) is the guy in the wheel chair. He is getting baptized and I don't think we could stop him if we wanted to. He is such a great guy, I love him to death. He has a lot of challenges physically but he never blames God for it. I don't have pictures of our other investigators, but they are all doing well too.

We did a service project for our landlady. She said we could pick cherries for them. We went to a place they have in the country. That was fun with Elder Whiting.

I honestly don't feel like I have been out that long, sometimes I feel like I am so new to everything I forget I left home four months ago. I miss the MTC, I wish I could just go back to study more (which was a thought I never felt would cross my mind in the MTC). The language is rough it's definitely going to take time!

Glad to hear everyone is doing good! It's fun seeing the pictures. Keep sending them.

The blog looks great Mom! I got to go. I love you!

Elder Oakes

No comments:

Post a Comment