Full Time Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
Hungary, Budapest Mission

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Week 87 - 7th Week in Szombathely Happy 21st Birthday Elder Oakes

Wow what a week!!!

Things are defiantly starting to pick up! We had like almost 10 programs this week and we are getting new investigators as well! The new week is bringing colder weather. Its weird because all the snow melted but it just seems even colder! I try to keep bundled up the best I can but BURR!!! We had a few dinner programs throughout the week which were good.

We have been trying to work with some less active members as well in this week and I hit it off really well with a kid named Gergő. He was raised in the church but most of the family doesn't come except for his Grandma. But he is a cool kid and guess what? He wrestles!!! Now I haven't wrestled for more than 3 years now but I am always game so when he invited me out to a practice I said "HECK YES" just in Hungarian :P Needles to say I am way out of shape... but I somehow ended up being a bit of a novelty. An American who speaks Hungarian and knows how to wrestle showing up randomly in the middle of the season at a practice. I wrestled two of the kids there (Gergő included) and then the coach even wanted to wrestle with me. Needles to say he kicked my butt, but it was still fun!!!

Later in the week we had a few more programs, Sunday was my B-day but we celebrated Saturday with the other Elders. We had some surprise visitors as well! Antónia and Viki, two of the younger active members from Szeged, remembered it was my birthday. They baked a cake!!! It was super nice of them. The best part was it was shaped like a pokeball! I may be in love! It was good though. My presents from home I opened last week because my package got to me early and I thought it was my late Christmas package (which I still haven't gotten). It was great though! My parents and family took a lot of time and effort to make me "open when your ..." envelopes so that I could have a special experience from them any time I was feeling happy or sad, grumpy or if I just needed a hug! It was awesome! I love my family!

Two months left and counting, I will be home soon! I miss my family a ton but I am thinking I will miss Hungary now too! Its so hard getting ready to come home, but things are good here so no worries! This 21 year old is doing great!

Love you all!!!
Elder Oakes, Hungary Budapest Mission




daniel.oakes@myldsmail.net

No comments:

Post a Comment