Full Time Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
Hungary, Budapest Mission

Friday, September 4, 2015

Week 67 - 8th Week in Szeged

Hello to one and all!

I apologize for not emailing last week. I have been tight on time and last week I just couldn't find enough time to make a weekly email. But not a problem this week so I will try to get everything in from last week too.

Last Pday was lame. We had planned to go and have fun but we got rained out... the rest of the week kinda followed suit, except for when we had splits with the Szolnok Elders who are AWESOME!!! Great guys, I love them a ton!

The week after was a lot better though. I had a blast! As a district we went to a Kaland Park! (adventure park) on P-day. It was awesome! We went climbing on a rope course set up next to the Tisza river! We had a blast, great way to kikapcsolni! I love Elder Winkle, he and I are like best friends! He and I took off all over that ropes course and had a great time.

Wednesday we had splits in Budapest with the APs. I love those guys. The first day I was with Tuttle Elder. The guy is so cool and I was able to talk openly with him and he helped me sort through a lot of things for myself. The next day I was with Elder Heilein, he is German and super cool too. I went with him to a feeding program. OMG Nanies cook so much and so good, I think I rolled out of there after we ate and shared a spiritual thought.

The rest of the week went by fast, the work is going really well here right now which is good and keeps us on our toes with balancing programs. We still get plenty of time to find though so we were able to do tracting and streeting quite a bit. Today we had some plans for p-day but things got canceled the other night when the mission president called. Another missionary is getting emergency transferred into Szeged with Elders Paul and Winkle, so they have to go and pick him up today leaving us all by our lonesomes. But no biggie. It will be interesting to see how this goes. I know the missionary and have a good relationship with him so I think it can turn out okay. I'll be having a PPI with him tonight though so we will see...

Other than that its been a decent week. I still have 7 months left and am starting to feel trunky (but 7 months is a long time) I miss my family, and have been thinking about them a lot. They just got to welcome in my new baby niece, Lucy, last week! (I love you guys!) But this week will be good.

Love ya all! Shout out to Jess, happy B-day you rock!

Elder Oakes
daniel.oakes@myldsmail.net

No comments:

Post a Comment