Full Time Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
Hungary, Budapest Mission

Monday, September 7, 2015

Week 68 - 9th Week in Szeged

Man this has been a pretty crazy last week,

There have been lots of things that have happened. On Monday we got a new Elder here in Szeged. His name is Elder Tillamin-Dick. He is a good missionary. I was able to sit down and talk with him one on one and we have bonded pretty well.

The next day we had a HUGE meal at a member's house. His name is Géza (Gay-z-uh) He has a reputation for making large meals for the missionaries. He made us a 5 course meal! We had Bean levees, Fruit soup, Porkchops with potato wedges and a salad, a spicy noodle and meat mix, watermelon, and topped it off with cake! I ATE SO MUCH FOOD!!!! I was going to explode! He INSISTED that I eat multiple plates of each course, I also saved the sister as well as my companion by eating a few of theirs! I didn't realize I was capable of eating that much food! I practically rolled out of there and had to take a nap before I could recover enough to work the rest of the day. But it was great.

Wednesday brought sad news. Sister Heath got transferred out on a moments notice, and has left to go to Pécs. It was sad to see her go, but she is getting to serve in an awesome city.

Thursday we had splits with the Békéscsaba Elders. They came late that night and planned to stay until the next day! Splits were great with them but they missed the last train out of the city that night and ended up staying another night because of it. I cooked us all some Roko Krumpli! It was pretty good too. The next day they booked it to the train to make it back for their next days programs.

That left us with our normal Saturday routine. But we decided to help the other elders out by going on splits again. So my companion went with the other elders (Paul and Winkle) and I took the new elder with me. The splits honestly went great but when we split back after Sunday the other Elders had a melt down in communications so our Sunday afternoon was spent trying to help them work things out.

The last 24 hours have been stressful but things I think are going to be okay. I am grateful for the Lord and all he has done to help out here and to watch over my family back home.

Shout out to everyone who has been helping my family, thank you all so much!

sok szeretettel

Elder Oakes, Hungary Budapest Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment