Full Time Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
Hungary, Budapest Mission

Monday, April 20, 2015

Week 48 - 12th Week in Sopron

Hello to all,

This week has been considerably more enjoyable than the last. I won't lie sometimes I have a tendency to focus on the negative but it's especially hard when there doesn't seem to be a lot of positive. But anyway, in the way of things eventful one of our investigators went on a date with one of our members. Two dates actually, things seem to be going well (keep our fingers crossed on that one) we don't really have a lot to lose though because she dropped us right before they went out (to tell the truth she is moving but just isn't interested enough to pass on her information). Hopefully, things will go well with them!

In other news we have started to move out of the city center. Its a lot nicer because we don't have people yelling at us all the time. As of yet though, we don't have a whole lot to show for it, but its only been like two solid days so it needs more time.

The second day of moving out of the city center, we got rained on. It was Friday, we had just got back from zone training, spring is here and the weather was good so we changed into short sleeves and everything. We go outside and start to work, then out of nowhere, a good 45 min walk from our apartment, rain clouds roll in and just open up. So we were a little wet but, no biggie.

Church was good, two investigators showed up. So we will see where that adventure takes us.

So for the most part things are going good. We are working on building our investigator pool so that just takes time. But I really like Elder Evans, he and I get along really well. We both have a tendency to try and lead the conversation so we got to work a bit on teaching in harmony but I am excited to be here with him. I think I have been super lucky with my companions so far. They all have wanted to work and are all pretty talented with this language. Two qualities that are not easy to come by.

But I am loving my mission. I am learning so much and I feel like I have grown a ton. But I still can't wait to go home! Love all you guys!

Till next week,

Elder Oakes, Hungary Budapest Mission
http://elderbryceoakes.blogspot.hu/

No comments:

Post a Comment