Full Time Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
Hungary, Budapest Mission

Monday, September 15, 2014

Week 17 in Debrecen-Zoo trip!

Hey Mom and Dad!

We went to the zoo today for pday. It was a lot of fun. I think my favorite part was when the hippo started to poop. Apparently, when hippos poop they fan their tail back and forth like a fan blade and spray their poop in a wide arc all around them. I got a video of it but it's too big to send via my camera so I'll have to send the card home when it gets full.

We went to lunch with Tibor, the secratary from church.

Zwingli is a Swiss name of a religious reformer that helped to establish a reformed branch of the catholic church that has a strong presence here in Debrecen. We found Zwingli Street. (An interesting tid bit-street sign poles don't exist here in Hungary they just stick a tablet on the nearest building. Which makes it difficult because most buildings are not close to the streets.)

Elder Zwingli and I have been playing with camera shutter speeds. His camera is better so he took most of the ones we did but I am going to have him send them to me so I can send them to you. The companionship is great. I really like Elder Zwingli a lot.

This had been kind of a long week for me. I'm grateful for a good companion and Michael. Michael is like a "big kid". He is super positive and playful all the time. He helps keep my energy up! I have seen the gospel already make changes in people lives. I want to be a good missionary, so please continue to pray for me!

I got to go. I love you a lot. I'll try to set up next pday so we can email a little longer! I love you so much mom! Have an awesome week :)

Elder Oakes, Hungary Budapest Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment